I must start this post by saying that this could have happened just as easily while I was home, however, I was not.
I have long been afraid for the day that Sam would finally make the connection between scissors and hair. I figured that it was a matter of when, not if. I also figured that his victim would probably be his younger sister and her beautiful golden curls.
Yesterday, while on my way back from Calgary, I was talking to Keith on the phone as he was doing a little clean-up before my arrival. He mentioned something about finding a clump of Audrey's hair on the floor but we just figured that it had come from her hair brush. I didn't think much of it. Today while I was also doing a little clean-up, I came across another little clump of hair. I looked closely at it and noticed that it wasn't tangled like you might expect a bunch of hair from a hair brush to be. Instead it was in a perfect ringlet shape. I became concerned. I asked Sam about my find and he denied any cutting. After a little more questioning however, I got the truth. Apparently he didn't think that that was something that would make Mommy and Daddy mad. I let him know that this was NOT the case.
So, I searched through Audrey's hair and found the spot. I'm sad for the loss of one of her precious curls but I also realize that it could have been much worse. I love her curls so much and am very afraid that if we cut her hair, they may not come back. For this reason, I'm pretty sure that Audrey will be tripping over her hair before I'm willing to give it so much as a trim. Needless to say, Sam has been banned from scissors for the foreseeable future.
I have long been afraid for the day that Sam would finally make the connection between scissors and hair. I figured that it was a matter of when, not if. I also figured that his victim would probably be his younger sister and her beautiful golden curls.
Yesterday, while on my way back from Calgary, I was talking to Keith on the phone as he was doing a little clean-up before my arrival. He mentioned something about finding a clump of Audrey's hair on the floor but we just figured that it had come from her hair brush. I didn't think much of it. Today while I was also doing a little clean-up, I came across another little clump of hair. I looked closely at it and noticed that it wasn't tangled like you might expect a bunch of hair from a hair brush to be. Instead it was in a perfect ringlet shape. I became concerned. I asked Sam about my find and he denied any cutting. After a little more questioning however, I got the truth. Apparently he didn't think that that was something that would make Mommy and Daddy mad. I let him know that this was NOT the case.
So, I searched through Audrey's hair and found the spot. I'm sad for the loss of one of her precious curls but I also realize that it could have been much worse. I love her curls so much and am very afraid that if we cut her hair, they may not come back. For this reason, I'm pretty sure that Audrey will be tripping over her hair before I'm willing to give it so much as a trim. Needless to say, Sam has been banned from scissors for the foreseeable future.
5 comments:
Rest assured that Sarah too has met the scissors from her older sister and the girls DIDN'T disappeared. I love Sarah's curls but she would love them to vanish. We are in desperate need of a trim they are so wild but she is resisting knowing that the shorter they are the curlier they get. Kids are so great!!!!
We'll show you what Ellese did to herself one day when she first found the scissor drawer. My siblings and I would sit in a triangle and cut eachother's hair as a party to my parent's shagrin!
Oh that made me so sad!! I love her curls too!
You have talked about this as a worry for a long time - I am soooooo glad it was just the one lock and not a shave!!!
Oh that is SO scary. Sam is so lucky it was just one piece! I know how you love her curls. When I started reading, I was just thinking, no no not Audrey's hair!
Glad you had a good trip!
Post a Comment