Monday, May 5, 2008

Chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes, poutine & more chocolate.

That is a list of just a few of the yummy things that I had to eat while in Calgary this past weekend. I'm not looking forward to the weigh-in at my next doctors appointment. We did, however, do a little more than just eat.

My good friend, Angela, came down from Edmonton the night that I got there. It was great to see her after several years and we had so much fun. Angela and I got pedicures and Annie got a manicure. We got some VERY yummy cupcakes from a popular local bakery called Crave, went out for a great steak dinner and we saw a movie at the theater.

The next day, Angela left and Annie and I headed up to Banff. We took a gondola ride up the mountain then followed a long walkway with lots of stairs the rest of the way to the top of the mountain. For being almost 7 months pregnant, I think I did pretty well. We only had to stop for air once or twice. Once back down the mountain we got some lunch and did a little shopping. It was such a great day and Annie and I were both beat by the time we got back to her place. Chad made us dinner and we relaxed and watched a movie for the rest of the night.

I missed my kids and husband but it was so nice to get a little break before this next baby comes. Annie was a great host and it was so much fun to just spend time with her. She even taught me how to crochet. Thanks Annie!




7 comments:

The Super Seven said...

Looks like you guys had a blast together!!! How I wish I could spend some time with you both!!!! Before you know it baby will be here so try and get a few more quiet moments before you are a 24 hour milk machine:)

The Bing's said...

sounds like the perfect trip...spa...food and friends... loved all the pictures and fun to see you an annie together!! miss you both!!

Lyndsey said...

Look at you, all adventureous and stuff. Glad you got a little break. Miss you guys

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

I am glad you were able to go on your little vacation and I am anxious to see all the pics and hear all about it!! Keith seemed to do just fine being a stay-at-home dad...and Audrey's hair even looked cute at church!

Tracie said...

I am so glad that you had fun. I totally forgot to ask today. I am quite impressed with that climb.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

What a BLAST!! I am so glad you took a few minutes for yourself!

Tiffany said...

What a great way to relax before new baby. Ooh, I do like poutine. Nice rock climbing picture.