Monday, May 19, 2008

I get it now.


There was a little girl,
with a little curl,
right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good she was very, very good,
but when she was bad, she was horrid.


My own mother has quoted this poem many times, describing me as a young child. I will admit that on an occasion or two, I found this very offensive. Lately I think I really can appreciate this poem for it's full meaning. I too have a little girl, with a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead. I have always said what a sweet and loving girl she is. She will often put her two little hands on Keith's or my cheeks and say, "I love you so much!" In the last few months however, we have also started to see another side of my very, very good little girl. A horrid one. The tantrums that this one can throw if she doesn't get her way are epic and sadly, I am told on a regular basis, "I not like you more!" I'm just so glad that I have enough of the very, very good moments to easily outweigh the "occasional" horrid ones. I love this little girl so much and I know that she loves me too. I have no doubt that this is the same way my mother has always felt about me, even if I was being a little horrid.

9 comments:

Jen said...

I am so laughing right now. And I absolutely love that picture!!!

Tracie said...

What a sweet picture!! I love it. She is a sweet girl. Good luck, I know meg and i had a rough year when she was three!

Tiffany said...

I love that picture! It is horrible when they have tantrums and you definitely have to remember the sweet moments.

Trooly said...

The wonderful thing about Audrey is just how endearing she is even in her "horrid" moments! What a charmer!

Channynba said...

that is an awesome post. She is so cute.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

I LOVE the girl!! I LOVE the curl!! And I hear ya loud and clear!!!

Misty said...

SO DARLING!

Lauren said...

Thank goodness for all the sweet moments!

Meghan said...

Cute little Audrey! We went through a stage like this with Paige - very frustrating but eventually we got our normally sweet little girl back. Love the photo!