Thursday, July 31, 2008

Brothers




As always with a new baby, one of the first questions we were asked when Ben joined our family was, "who does he look like?"

I have always thought that it takes a while before you can really tell what or who a baby will look like. So far though, the votes have mostly been that he looks a lot like Sam. I think that I have to agree. What do you think?

It's easier to tell in person but these two pictures are taken from almost the same angle so I think it's as close as you can get for a good comparison. There are definitely a few differences. Ben's dark hair in the back and on the sides is something that Sam never had. Also, thankfully, Ben did not develop the yellow cast that Sam had to his skin for the first couple of months. Aside from that, I think they're pretty close and both very handsome!

6 comments:

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

They do look very similar...which is not a bad thing for little Ben! Sam is adorable! Ben has kept his dark hair though so maybe he will be the dark/curly version!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

WOW! I agree with Amy!! Sam is so cute - a good kid to look like!!!!

Tiffany said...

I agree. They definitely do look a lot alike. One of the funnest things about babies is finding out what they look like and who they look like when they grow.

Fairbank Family said...

At first look, I thought they were the same person. Very cute and I have to agree they do look a lot alike.

wackyjackie said...

He's so cute. Did Audrey have dark hair? It will be interesting to see if his hair stays dark.

BTW that is one good swaddling job!

The Awesome Rawsons said...

Yay! You had your little boy! congratulations. He came so fast! I'm glad things went well - aside from the lack of epidural.