Thursday, January 24, 2008

XY ?


It's a boy! We think. I had an ultrasound done today as a part of a screening test. I am only 14 weeks along but I went in knowing that there would be a chance that they might be able to tell me if it was a boy or a girl. So, when he asked me if I wanted to know, of course I said yes. We haven't told Sam yet and probably won't until after the next ultrasound but he will be so excited. All he wants is a baby brother so it looks like he might be getting his wish. There is always a chance that the technician made a mistake but he said that he got a pretty good look, we'll see. I guess we'll have the final confirmation in about a month.

I was OK with having either a boy or a girl but I do have to admit that knowing how happy this will make Sam makes me so glad that it is a boy.

This picture is a 3D one that they printed off for me. He tried to get one where the baby wasn't covering his face but it looks like this one wants to be a little shy. Still cute though!

9 comments:

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Congrats on another Irwin Boy! I know Sam will be so happy which will be wonderful! I guess that means you have to go for #4 though so you can get Audrey a sister!:)

I love those 3D ultrasounds! Look at his cute little arms!

Kim said...

How exciting! I was thinking you would be finding out soon! There you go, the Irwin boys having the boys! Congratulations!!!

wackyjackie said...

Boys are fun!

The Super Seven said...

How did Sam manage to get what he wanted??? That's exciting....hopefully you'll get a 100% confirmation next month. Poor Audrey is going to have to take some self defence classes with a bunch of brothers.......call me!!!

Courtney said...

Yay! I am so happy for you!

Tiffany said...

yay for Sam!

Tracie said...

congrats!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

OH WOW!!!!! Congrats!! I love how he looks all timid and like - hello you aren't supposed to be taking my picture yet!! HOORAY!!

Lauren said...

I love that he is covering his eyes. That is a really cute pic! Congrats!