Monday- We go out for family home evening to get our pumpkins. The kids were so excited and insisted that we get a little one for their baby brother. Ben, having just gotten over a little cold, begins to cough again.
Tuesday- I decide to try to carve pumpkins with the kids alone since Keith has been working a lot and probably wouldn't be home to carve them with us later. I decide to use my nice, sharp knives to make the cutting a little easier. Bad idea. I slice into my hand and pumpkin carving is done for the day. Ben continues to cough.
Wednesday- I decide to give pumpkin carving another try now that my hand isn't throbbing quite so badly. I use my old knives and Sam warns me to be careful the whole time. That seems to do the trick. All three pumpkins are carved with no further injuries. Later that night we had our ward Trunk-or-Treat. The kids had a great time, got lots of candy and Ben even got dressed up. Meanwhile, his cough gets a little worse.
Thursday- I had promised the kids that I would make them some Halloween sugar cookies so we did that and it managed to take up most of my day. Ben's cough is really getting bad. I decide that tomorrow, he is going to the doctor.
Friday- Halloween! But first, Ben goes to the doctor and comes home with a positive RSV test result. Poor baby. The show must go on. Sam, Audrey and I attend a little Halloween party at a friends house while Daddy stays home with Ben. Then we went Trick-or-Treating around our neighborhood with Sam's friend Kayley and her Mom. What a work out! The kids got more candy than they'll ever consume but had a blast doing it. Ben, has a very bad night. He started having a harder time breathing and isn't eating well because of it.
So... that brings us to today, Saturday- Soccer game, birthday party and another doctor appointment for poor Ben. He's now on an every four hour (round the clock) nebulizer treatment, steroids and an antibiotic. After a long morning, Keith got home with Ben with and some lunch for us and as we sit down to eat, Audrey throws up all over the place! Fun Fun. Oh, and our washing machine started to leak today too! It's a never ending party here at the Irwin house! Enjoy the pictures.
12 comments:
Love, love, love the Halloween pictures! Such adorable kids! Sorry to hear Ben is sick--poor little guy! And sorry for your incident with those really sharp, really nice knives!
Oh, Suzie! I'm so sorry! The pictures are great!
Wow... Suzie. You have had a really hard week. I am so sorry to hear about Ben. I have had to do those treatments with two of my kids for a long period of time and it's hard doing that every 4 hours night and day. I hope he gets feeling better real soon.
Your pumpkins look amazing. The kids costumes are soooo cute.
I hope ben is feeling better poor little guy. Although the week seemed hectic is sounded like a great halloween... loved your kids costumes...they're always so cute!!
It never seems to rain but pour when something goes wrong. I hope that Ben is feeling better soon, he just doesn't seem to have the greatest luck in the health dept. these days. Sarah is getting a cough that I'm hoping gets better and not worse.....it's not sounding promising!! The other kids looked like they had a blast and too much candy isn't a bad thing because then you can eat some at night while they are sleeping. We have way too much here.....Jacob was a machine last night!!!! Hope to chat soon......call me when life settles down.....
What fun(?) times. I am so sorry that the kiddos are sick. Let me know if you need anything.
Bummer!!! Sick little ones are so not fun. Your kids are precious though! Hope everyone gets feeling better before too long.
super cute!!
Ryan finally got used to the nebulizer and would sleep right through it. Those middle of the night treatments are the worst! I hope everyone is feeling better soon! Cute pumpkins too!
I am sorry to hear that the kids are sick we had the same spell of throwing up on Halloween and then me on saturday night. I hope that Ben gets better. let me know if we can do anything for you. dinner or watching the kids...Call me.
Aida
When it rains it pours... I'm so sorry. The kids look darling. Hope Ben is getting better
Oh Lovely!
I wish I had read this sooner!!!! What can I do for you guys?
We went through RSV last year with Carson-be ready-it can last for a Long time!
Post a Comment