Friday, October 24, 2008

Texas Pride and School Spirit!


This is a picture that Sam drew at home this week. If you can't tell what it is, it's the Texas flag with our family in the white part. Don't miss Ben, lying on the ground. That really made me laugh. The reason that I am posting this picture out of the hundreds that he creates is to show you the great sense of Texas pride that Sam has developed. They have been learning all about Texas in school and he's really taken in all in. On some level, I think he's always been a Texan. We lived in Dallas when I was first pregnant with him and it was only a matter of time until we ended up back here. After all, he is, as his uncle calls him, Samuel Walker "Texas Ranger" Irwin!

These next 2 shots are from School Spirit/Crazy Hair day at school. Sam LOVED his mohawk! I was so amazed that it was still standing when he got home from school that I had to take some more pictures. I think he makes a pretty convincing punk rocker. You wouldn't want to run into him in a dark alley!

8 comments:

Tracie said...

He really is so talented. Very creative kid!

Christina said...

So funny! It seems like everyone that lives in Texas loves it!

Jen said...

Scary Sam! I love it!

And his picture is amazing, as always!

wackyjackie said...

I think they have some form of brainwashing techic in the schools here in Texas! Do they say "honor the Texas flag" after the pledge at school? My boys school did in SA. We were somewhere doing the pledge and I thought we were done and they kept on going!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Sam is a brilliant artist! Seriously, he is talented!!!

And his mohawk is as cute as can be! Kindergerten is too much fun!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Love the hawk!! God blessed Texas!!

Sara LaClaire said...

i love the mohawk. i think he should keep it. :D

Misty said...

You know-God Loves Texas the most! He blessed it!
HOW FUN!