My good friend Becca "tagged" me to tell the stories of how we came up with our children's names so, here goes...
We had Sam's name picked out before we even knew that he was a boy. We tried and tried to come up with a girls name that we could agree on but it just wouldn't happen. So, we went to our ultrasound with just one name in mind and that is the very same name that he came home from the hospital with. I love that Samuel is a traditional name and can also be found in the genealogy of both Keith and my families so it worked for us. I couldn't imagine my Sam being anyone else!
Audrey's name also came to us before we knew that she would be a girl. Just like with Sam, we couldn't agree on any boys names before the ultrasound so we really hoped that she would turn out to be a girl. Lucky us. Audrey is the name of one of Keith's grandmothers and we took her middle name from one of mine. I also share the same middle name. I love how beautiful and classic the name Audrey is and I think it suits my little doll perfectly!
Here we are on child number 3 and were back to the name game again. It hasn't been quite as easy as the first two times. We definitely have one in mind, Benjamin. However... there is still a little uncertainty. I think that it fits in well with the style of our other two names and we would call him Ben, which I think sounds so cute with Sam. We'll see... We have 4 more months to decide so I'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love the name Ben and it does sound really good with Sam.
I agree. Ben and Sam just sound like brothers!
Ben and Sam go perfectly together! It works!
Ben is very cute!
Thanks for doing this!! I love the stories!
Post a Comment