Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hello! I am a boy.


So we have our confirmation. It looks like this is most definitely going to be a baby brother for Sam and Audrey. The Doctor said that if we hadn't wanted to know the sex of the baby that he would have been afraid that we would have figured it out anyway. This little boy was being very obvious about his gender. I'll spare him some later embarrassment by not posting one of those shots and I'll post on of his little face instead. These shots always look a little alien to me but I still love it!

Sam had the reaction I expected when I told him that he had a brother on the way. I asked him if he wanted to know if the doctor told us that it would be a brother or a sister and he very matter-of-factly said, "He told you it's a brother." I said yes and his mouth dropped open with a huge smile. When I told Audrey about the baby brother in my tummy she asked if there were two. I said no then she said, "Baby sister's in my tummy?" I decided it would be OK to let her believe that for a little while. I know she'll be so thrilled when her baby brother arrives that she'll probably forget all about the baby in her tummy.

8 comments:

The Super Seven said...

Yippee!!!! I'm sure that Sam is thrilled.....did you tell him he's going to have to share his room FOREVER???? That might always change one's mind....hahaha!!! Have you decided on your name now?? I must say it's easier choosing one then two.....

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

HOORAY!!! I'm a little jealous right now!! A baby BOY!! How perfect for your family!! Congrats to Sam!

Tracie said...

YEA! Congrats to you again and mostly to Sam. Power of positive thinking!

The Bing's said...

Congratulations!!!!! That's super exciting that you know for sure...I love what sam said, how they told you it was a brother...toooooo adorable!!! Congrats we are soooo happy for you here!

Courtney said...

Yay! little boys are so much fun! I'm so excited for you!

Tiffany said...

Woohoo! I am glad that it turned out to be a boy for Sam.

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Sam is so lucky!!! I still think Audrey will need a sister though, so don't put those maternity clothes in the attic just yet! Besides, you look so great being pregnant, why not?!

Channynba said...

CONGRATS!!!! Can't wait to find out the name and see more pictures.