Every Halloween since Audrey was born I have kept the theme for our jack-o-lanterns the same. Sam's are always scary (by his request) and Audrey's are happy. I guess it's just my opinion that my sweet, happy little girl would like a happy pumpkin. It just goes with her personality. Lately however, she is more and more influenced by her big brother. I love Sam to pieces but he definately has been having a very enjoyable time lately molding Audrey's very impressionable mind. She thinks that everything her big brother does is so cool and laughs at him even if he's not really being very funny. So, this Halloween when I asked Audrey if she wanted her pumpkin to be happy her brother quickly chimed in and told her that she should have a scary pumpkin. That was that. Nothing would change her mind. It had to be scary. Not that there's anything wrong with her wanting a scary pumpkin but it's just sad that at the tender age of 2 my opinion is already not the most important to her. Shouldn't that have lasted a little longer? That said, I do love the special little bond that she has with her big brother (when they're not busy trying to kill each other).
No comments:
Post a Comment