Saturday, June 2, 2012

We survived another year!

The 2011-2012 School year was a bit of a blur. Probably because we added a new baby to the mix part way through. We made it through though and with flying colors! I don't have report cards in front of me at the moment but I'm pretty sure that both Sam and Audrey ended the year with straight A's.

A couple end of the year highlights were the reading restaurant for Audrey and the 3rd grade musical for Sam. Audrey was adorable in her chef's hat and apron. She really has come so far this year with her reading so it was a great time. She has the BEST expression when she reads so it was very entertaining to listen to her read all of her work to me. I loved it and loved having that time to spend one-on-one with my Dre babe in her class! Sam surprised me by being very excited to be part of the musical. He always tells me that he doesn't like to sing. With some bribes and pressure from his teacher, he happily participated. The theme was "Seussical the Musical" and it was pretty cute. I could even see his mouth moving while he sang. Usually for primary presentations he just stands there looking bored. Way to go Sam!


Benny successfully finished his first year of pre-school at Stone Oak Presbyterian, but not without a few trips to the directors office first. Ben has always been a little more... high spirited than most other kids. He is a handful, to say the least but he is a charming handful so his teachers loved him despite it all. He had a rough patch just after Andrew was born and made a few trips to the directors office to have a little talking to but by the end of the year he had it all figured out (and was FINALLY potty trained too!). He loved his teachers, Ms. Amy and Ms. Janeen and I am endlessly grateful to them for the patience and love they showed my handsome little devil all year!
 
As a special treat on the last day of school, I picked up some super yummy cupcakes for the kids. They deserved it after all their hard work this year!
 

No comments: