Monday, November 29, 2010

We are the Iroquois!


"We wear deerskin for our clothes and feathers on our heads. We are the Iroquois, we are the Iroquois, we are the Iroquois and we are brave and strong!"


Audrey followed in her big brother's footsteps this past month and became a member of the Iroquois tribe for her kindergarten Native American celebration. She was so excited and practiced her song at home with us many times. On the day of the celebration, she insisted that I put her hair into two little braids so that she could convincingly play the part. I think she made a pretty cute little indian!

We had a really nice Thanksgiving this year and have so many things to be thankful for. If I started to make a list I'd be here for hours, I'm sure. So, I'll just send out a big thank you to everyone in our lives who help to make it so great. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

wackyjackie said...

That is one cute little blonde indian girl!