Monday, November 8, 2010

A Trip to the Underworld


This October, Sam and I learned a lot about the Underworld and it's God, Hades. The second graders at his school were learning about ancient Greece all month and to celebrate the end of the unit, they had a Greek wax museum. Each student chose a God, Goddess or mythical creature and it was their homework all month to learn all about them, write a speech and make a costume. That translates to a lot of homework for Mom but we had fun doing it. After my first attempt at a toga made from a white sheet was deemed unacceptable by Sam, I had to get a little more creative and this is what we came up with. I even managed to make Hades' 'helmet of invisibility' out of a fireman hat with a little spray paint. Not to bad, if I do say so myself. Sam loved it and did a great job reciting his speech every time anyone pressed his button at the museum.

Here is a video of his speech, you have to listen really closely because it was very noisy in the classroom. Enjoy!

No comments: