
Here's Ben, having his daily bucket of peanut butter... OK, maybe it's not quite that bad but not far from it.
The peanut butter obsession in our house goes back a ways. Sam started it off by eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches almost religiously. When Audrey was born, Grandma Julie introduced Sam to peanut butter on a spoon, a practice that I remember from my own childhood.
Audrey took the peanut butter on a spoon thing to the next level. Most days she demands, "butter on a spoon, BIG!", and she really means big. It's like a mountain of peanut butter. Given her small size I took this as a good opportunity to fatten her up a bit.
Now we add Ben to our list of peanut butter lovers. He yells for "butter butter" every day, several times a day. Given his extremely independent nature, he wants to scoop it all by himself. This almost always ends up as a huge mess, but, sometimes it's the only thing I can get him to eat so I give in. You'd be surprised to see how fast we go through the large size Jif container. Thank goodness that we have Costco to continue to feed our addiction.
The peanut butter obsession in our house goes back a ways. Sam started it off by eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches almost religiously. When Audrey was born, Grandma Julie introduced Sam to peanut butter on a spoon, a practice that I remember from my own childhood.
Audrey took the peanut butter on a spoon thing to the next level. Most days she demands, "butter on a spoon, BIG!", and she really means big. It's like a mountain of peanut butter. Given her small size I took this as a good opportunity to fatten her up a bit.
Now we add Ben to our list of peanut butter lovers. He yells for "butter butter" every day, several times a day. Given his extremely independent nature, he wants to scoop it all by himself. This almost always ends up as a huge mess, but, sometimes it's the only thing I can get him to eat so I give in. You'd be surprised to see how fast we go through the large size Jif container. Thank goodness that we have Costco to continue to feed our addiction.
1 comment:
That is so awesome!! My kids both make their own PB sandwiches!
Post a Comment