Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers

I got an email with questions asked to second graders about Mothers and the answers they gave. I thought this would be a fun thing to try with Sam and Audrey so here's what they said...

1) Why did God make Mothers?
A- Because Jesus really loves you.
S- If there were no Mommies then Daddies wouldn't have any Mommies to marry.

2) How did God make Mothers?
A- By sewing.
S- He made them so they could have babies.

3) What ingredients are Mothers made of?
A- Bones
S- Niceness- that's all.

4) Why did God give you your Mommy and not some other Mommy?
A- I don't know
S- Because He knew that I would like you.

5) What kind of little girl was your Mommy?
A- Little- just like a baby.
S- Good and she had glasses

6) What did Mommy need to know about Daddy before she married him?
A- I don't know.
S- That he's nice and she needed to know that he's cool.

7) Why did Mommy marry Daddy?
A- Because she wanted a ring and a baby
S- Because she fell in love with him.

8) Who's the boss at your house?
A- Mommy
S- Daddy

9) What is the difference between Mommy and Daddy?
A- I don't know.
S- Mommy's hair is long and Daddy's hair is short. You guys wear different clothes.

10) What does Mommy do in her spare time?
A- Spend it with Daddy.
S- Watch TV

11) What would it take to make Mommy perfect?
A- I don't know.
S- More pretty.

12)If you could change one thing about Mommy, what would it be?
A- I don't know. (obviously, this is one of Audrey's favorite phrases)
S- nothing - did you want me to change nothing about you? (I think he was treading carefully after my reaction to his last answer.)

I love my kids so much and I love that I get to be their Mommy! I also am so grateful for my own mother and for the good example and wonderful support that she has always been for me.

I have had a wonderful Mother's Day so far! I was ordered to stay in bed until breakfast was ready. The kids brought me a card and some pictures in bed and when I came downstairs, Keith had made me my favorite waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. It was delicious and let me tell you, it's not the easiest waffle recipe so Keith deserves some major credit! Now it's time to get ready for church and see what the rest of the day has in store... maybe a nap *hint, hint*. Happy Mother's day to all the wonderful Mothers in our lives!

6 comments:

The Super Seven said...

Those are so cute!!! I might just have to ask my kids those just to see what they would come up with. Hope you got a nap.....and had a fantastic day.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

That was really cute!! Happy Mother's Day, my Friend!!

Lauren said...

Very cute!

Kim said...

Some of those answers are hilarious! What a great and fun idea!

Gugi said...

you are a pretty awesome Mother! Glad that you had a good Mother's Day.

The Awesome Rawsons said...

that was awesome! and i have to disagree with sam. you don't need to be "more pretty" you're sooo beautiful already!