Friday, May 15, 2009

A first time for everything.

It seems like at this stage of our lives, we are experiencing firsts almost on a daily basis. It makes for lots of excitement around our house.

Sam had his first "art show". One of his art pieces was chosen to be displayed at the PTA's end of year Art Walk. He was so excited to participate and wore a huge smile the whole time he was on stage.


Ben had a great time during his first dip in the pool. I wasn't sure how he would like it since the water was a little cool so at first I didn't put in his ear plugs or put on a swim diaper. It didn't take long for me to realize that he needed them both. He LOVED it! This is a very good thing since the heat of the San Antonio summer is already upon us and frequent trips to the pool will surely be necessary.



Audrey's first has been a long time coming, her first haircut! Aside from an incident last year involving Sam, Audrey's hair has been left free to grow. The time had definitely come for a trim. Her ends were so damaged and uneven that her hair really needed a little TLC. She was so excited to go this morning and was a perfect angel in the chair. She didn't move a muscle unless she was told to and she kept completely silent with a very serious look on her face. Very little was taken off, just enough to even it out but it really does look a lot better and there are still plenty of her curls that we love so much!


6 comments:

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

WOW! You are busy!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Wow, you realize just how long Audrey's hair was when it is wet and combed down! I am glad she has so many curls left!!!

We know Sam is a very talented artist! Congrats on his picture being selected!

Tiffany said...

I love the big smile on Sam's face and his art.

Audrey's hair is so cute with those curls. I'm glad they were all still intact after the haircut.

The Awesome Rawsons said...

I would definitely be up for getting together!

Misty said...

I love FIRSTS!

Lauren said...

I love the pic of Sam. What a cute smile and Yea for saving the curls!