Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring...Break?

Now that I am the Mother, I realize that the "break" part of spring break is not intended for me. Sam and Audrey had a break from school and Keith got a break from getting Sam to school. I however am exhausted from the week that I just survived.

We were lucky to get a visit from Aunt Kim and cousins, Marissa and Ali. The kids were so excited to see them and it was so nice for me to have Kim to keep me company. Unfortunately, we weren't the best hosts. To start, Ben came down with a case of Bronchitis and another ear infection just on time for their arrival and a mere 14 hours into their visit, Audrey was throwing up. So, plans for the Zoo had to be canceled. The kids did have a great time playing together and we got to spend a rainy lunchtime at Culver's with Daddy. I really am so glad to have had Kim and the girls here and I desperately hope that we didn't send them home with sickness as a parting gift!


Keith was able to take a half day on Friday and we decided to take the kids to the San Antonio Children's Museum for a little last ditch effort at some spring Break fun. I was dissapointed with the Museum but the kids seemed to have an OK time anyways. They enjoyed a little grocery shopping and were great check stand workers. The virtual drum circle was pretty fun and the giant bubble with the kids inside was my favorite part.



Now we're back to business as usual. The house is a little quieter and thankfully, everyone seems to be getting better.

3 comments:

Jaimie said...

I got a hoot out of you saying how spring break wasn't for you... at least not the break part. That is soooo true. It's exhausting isn't it.

Sara LaClaire said...

hopefully you get to rest this week. :D
i love the sepia tone pic of audrey.
i think ben looks like your sis sara(h) ???

Jen said...

Gee, that makes me so excited for Noah's spring break in a few weeks...;)