Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas with the Irwins

Christmas has come and gone in the Irwin house this year. Although, the decorations are all still up. I'll get to those sometime... We had a great one this year and loved having Ben here to celebrate with us.

Christmas Eve we had some fun spreading reindeer food on the yard and the kids all got new jammies to sleep in that night. We even had a brief bible reading of Jesus' birth. It was a nice quiet night together as a family.



Christmas morning arrived early and the kids were anxious to get the stockings and presents opened. They had great fun "helping" Ben open his stocking and presents. Santa was good to us all this year!



Ben took it all in with the sights of bright wrapping paper and the sounds of his happy brother and sister keeping him entertained. It was a fun morning and then we were off that afternoon to catch our flight and join our family in Utah!




3 comments:

The Super Seven said...

Looks like you had a fun Christmas. I'm sure the Utah visit was lots of fun and that Sara especially loved seeing you guys. Hopefully we can catch up on the phone sooner then later.....

Bryant P. Castleton said...

Becca and I were remembering fondly our sharing Chinese on Christmas Eve together with you guys and the Green's.

Sounds like your rushing off the next morning is becoming a tradition! Hope you had a great holiday!

Lauren said...

I love the reindeer food idea. I'll have to try to remember that one next year.