I've had several different things that I have been meaning to post about but just haven't gotten around to posting. So, now I'm just going to throw them all into one...
We had a power outage last week for a little over an hour. I was a little frustrated because, what am I supposed to do with 3 little kids in the dark? I was delighted to discover just how much fun it could be. I had lit a few candles and Sam and Audrey were having fun playing with flashlights when Sam decided to get some books to look at. Audrey followed suit and sat down with a family favorite, "I Love you Stinky Face." She began to "read" and I was amazed at how much she remembered just from the pictures. It was so much fun to sit there and listen to her cute little voice tell this cute little story. Another bonus from the outage, I didn't have to make dinner. Thank goodness for take-out.
Audrey had mini recital at dance class this past Monday. They did a little dance to Frosty the Snowman. She was a little distracted by my presence but did a great job. She is really loving dance class and can't wait to go see the ballet in Utah this Christmas.
This picture is of Audrey and her friend Riley at their preschool Christmas presentation last week. She had practiced the songs well and did such a great job. It was adorable. The 3 year old classes were the choir and the 4 year old classes were the Nativity. I am so grateful that Audrey is attending a church run preschool. Among all of the craziness of this time of year it was a nice reminder of what we are really celebrating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow! Audrey looks so cute and grown-up in her "choir" costume. I love the flashlight picture too!
Wow, growing too fast!!!! Yeah! for not making dinner! What a super cute dance class!
First, Audrey looks adorable!
Second, your picture of the power outage comes as I look out the window at the ice on the trees and roads. We have our new generator in the garage prepped and ready to power the house if/when we lose power - gulp!
Hope you guys are well! Merry Christmas!
Who knew an outage could be so much fun?
Post a Comment