Saturday, January 3, 2009

One Last post about 2008.

It's always so exciting when Christmas comes around because that means it's time to go visit our family in Utah. We hadn't been back to Utah for a whole year and we had a new cousin, Madison, to meet. That made our trip back this year extra special. I was nervous to fly with 3 kids but aside from a few tears and one REALLY bad diaper, it went pretty well.

The kids were excited to get to see so many of their cousins. They were in heaven! They played and played and couldn't have been happier. They even got to go sledding in Grandma and Grandpa's back yard with Daddy, Uncle Jon and cousin Marissa. Sam got to celebrate his birthday with family at Noodles for lunch and Gandolfo's (aka the bread place with Cheeto's) for dinner. Audrey and I enjoyed our yearly, Irwin girls night out to dinner and the Nutcracker with Grandma, Aunts and cousins. Audrey was mesmerized by the ballerinas and danced in her seat as she watched. It was priceless!

We got to attend Madison's blessing at the Mangrum house. She was a perfect little angel. Ben looked giant next to his petite little cousin. Annie came down from Calgary to visit so I got to spend some much needed sister time with her and Sara. Emily and Ally, we missed you!

So, aside from a trip to urgent care with Ben (ear infection AGAIN) we had a great trip and it came and went much too fast. Thanks so much to all of our family there for a great time and to all of the family we didn't get to see, we miss you and hope to see you all in the new year!





6 comments:

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Nothing compares to sister time!!

Jen said...

I can just picture Audrey dancing in her seat. We miss you guys so much! Today Noah out of the blue said, "I need Sam." I sure could use a play date too!

Tiffany said...

That looks like so much fun! I am glad you guys had such a great time, and it sounds like getting there was much less eventful than last year.

Sara LaClaire said...

i'm sad we missed you and if you are out here this summer please let us know. we'd love to see you and introduce you to the twins. :D

Misty said...

I am so glad you guys had such a great time and you are back safe!
Looks like fun too!!!

Fairbank Family said...

It is so great to go home and spend time with family. I am glad you got to go and come back safely. I don't like traveling during the winter.