We have definitely had a busy, busy last few weeks. With school starting and with Grandma here, everyday has had a little something special. We got to go to the zoo, which was the first major outing with all 3 kids. I think that the favorite thing was definitely watching the Hippos underwater. Keith and I celebrated our 8th anniversary and to celebrate we went out for a great dinner with NO kids. Brave Grandma stayed home with all 3 kids! It was a great break. This year I decided to go big for my gift for Keith. I decided it was time for him to become a REAL Dad so I got him his very own recliner. The kids love it too, as you can see from the picture.
Ben has really started to smile more these last few weeks. I can't tell you how wonderful this has been for me. I'm sure that most mothers of newborns would agree that after 5 or so weeks of little to no sleep, a smile is such a nice reward for all of your hard work. Ben, as I have already mentioned, hasn't been the most content of my babies. Seeing him smile for the first time almost made me cry. I finally got the confirmation that he loves me! Yay for smiles.
We also got to go to one of our favorite places to eat here in San Antonio, Rudy's. We always have to go there when we have guests in town so they can experience some authentic Texas Bar-B-Q. We had fun and Mom really enjoyed it.
We also spent several days at the pool while Grandma was here. The reason... Sam has decided that he can swim!! It really is amazing. We finally convinced him to put his face underwater and all of the sudden he's swimming underwater, jumping off the side and letting Keith throw him across the pool. It really is a sight. We're so proud of him and it makes spending time at the pool so much more fun!
Today is a bittersweet day... it was time for Grandma to go home and time for Audrey to start pre-school. We have had such a great time with Grandma here and have been so spoiled by her. I am quite certain that I have forgotten how to survive without her. I am so glad that she was able to come and so grateful for all of her help. Thanks Mom!!!
Audrey was so excited this morning to put on her backpack and head on out the door. With Sam gone all day she has been a little lonely and now she finally has a place for her to go as well. She was a little hesitant when we got to her classroom and said, "I not want to stay here." But, after a little coaxing, she started to play and as far as I know, is doing just fine. The house is definitely quiet with Sam and Audrey both gone. Ben and I will try to take advantage of this while we can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I love the smiles! What a cute kids!! I am sorry your mom has to go, but glad you had so much fun with her! A big hooray for Sam swimming and Audrey starting school! Lots of fun things in your house!!
Wow, you are busy!! Grace starts preschool in the morning!! Ben's smile is to die for!! I want to hold that baby so bad!!! I too am sorry your mom has to go, crazy times! I love the recliner - a must for dads. Sam - you ROCK!! Yeah for the swimmer!
Looks like you had a fun time with your mom there and it's always sad to say goodbye!!! School starts here tomorrow and I will be doing cartwheels......not really....but will feel like it. The girls are ready to go back....atleast Jessica is. Hope we can chat soon and that I will get to try out Rudy's someday.......I'm sure it's awesome!!!! Glad to see that Ben is a little happier these days:)
Baby smiles are the best! Hope Audrey enjoys her first day of preschool - she looks so cute!
That baby's got some cheeks on him! I want to squish em and kiss em!
I love the pictures! And I am sad your mom has to go too. Moms are the best, that's for sure.
I love the Indigo Girl's music on your blog!
Oh my goodness, Audrey looks so cute! I can't believe how big she looks. And, what cute smiles Ben has. Brooklyn didn't really smile til almost 3 months. It was torture. I am glad you had such a great time with your mom. I love all the pictures.
Yes-you are a busy woman! My third was also my most difficult Suzie!! Call me ANYTIME! I still owe you dinner and I am just fine dropping it by anytime!
I guess I'll be the lone male and chime in on your blog. I know all of us men are "closet readers" and just not motivated enough to start our own! It is so fun to see your kids grow! Gracie misses Audrey so much. Your blog definitely makes us miss TX! Enjoy it all you can. I'm still trying to find a way to drag you all to Decatur to share in our...errr..."experience". Congrats to Keith on his B-Day and his awesome new chair. I miss watching the BYU games with him. Take care! Bryant
Post a Comment