There have been plenty of exciting times at the Irwin house lately. It seems like every time we turn around, someone is experiencing a "first" of some kind.
A little more than a week ago Ben had his first bath in the big tub. I had been a little lazy and was giving him mostly sponge baths up until that point but it was finally time for a good, thorough cleaning. At first he was not at all pleased but he quickly got used to it and we had a successful first bath. And boy did he smell good afterward. I love that clean baby smell! Ben also got to experience his first trip to the zoo. My Mom has been here helping out so I thought we could use a fun outing before the school year began. Ben was a trooper and made it through the day without much complaint.
Audrey's first was her first dance class. She has been looking forward to this for a very long time and the first class did not disappoint. She was SO cute and really enjoyed every minute of it. It was so much fun to watch her follow her teachers lead as closely as her little body could. As I expected, she was one of the smallest in her class but that doesn't hold her back a bit. I really think she's a natural!
Sam's first was truly monumental. His first day of Kindergarten. He has been looking forward to kindergarten ever since he turned 5 and he finally got to see what it's all about. My anxiety over this big step was out of control! I was (and still am) afraid for my little boy. Afraid of him getting lost, afraid of kids not being nice, afraid of teachers not realizing how special he is, and afraid of him not getting off at the right bus stop. Well, so far so good. I even managed to keep my tears mostly in control (at least in front of Sam). Meeting him at the bus stop was a lot of fun. He even seemed genuinely excited to see me and gave me a great hug. At first he told me that everything was boring but slowly we were able to get more details out of him and it seems like he did have some fun after all. I think he's going to have a great year.
A little more than a week ago Ben had his first bath in the big tub. I had been a little lazy and was giving him mostly sponge baths up until that point but it was finally time for a good, thorough cleaning. At first he was not at all pleased but he quickly got used to it and we had a successful first bath. And boy did he smell good afterward. I love that clean baby smell! Ben also got to experience his first trip to the zoo. My Mom has been here helping out so I thought we could use a fun outing before the school year began. Ben was a trooper and made it through the day without much complaint.
Audrey's first was her first dance class. She has been looking forward to this for a very long time and the first class did not disappoint. She was SO cute and really enjoyed every minute of it. It was so much fun to watch her follow her teachers lead as closely as her little body could. As I expected, she was one of the smallest in her class but that doesn't hold her back a bit. I really think she's a natural!
Sam's first was truly monumental. His first day of Kindergarten. He has been looking forward to kindergarten ever since he turned 5 and he finally got to see what it's all about. My anxiety over this big step was out of control! I was (and still am) afraid for my little boy. Afraid of him getting lost, afraid of kids not being nice, afraid of teachers not realizing how special he is, and afraid of him not getting off at the right bus stop. Well, so far so good. I even managed to keep my tears mostly in control (at least in front of Sam). Meeting him at the bus stop was a lot of fun. He even seemed genuinely excited to see me and gave me a great hug. At first he told me that everything was boring but slowly we were able to get more details out of him and it seems like he did have some fun after all. I think he's going to have a great year.
10 comments:
Audrey is a perfect, darling ballerina. She looks like a little angel out there.
And I am totally laughing that you had the same problems with the reflectors on Sam's backpack in his pictures that I had with Noah. Too funny!
How much fun.....you have to love it when there are lots of new first things to be excited about!!! I'm sure that your mom has loved being there to experience them with you guys!!! I am looking forward to school going back in......Jessica is too....I'm still working on Sarah. I hope that Sam begins to have the love for school that Jessica has and you'll never worry. Sarah is a homebody and would love to just hangout with us here....what a gal. Hope to talk to you soon!!!
That is a lot of first. It only shows how quick time flies by. Audrey is adorable and Sam looks so handsome! I am glad you made it through yesterday!
What an entry. Sounds like an exciting week. Loved Audrey's dance outfit. what a gem. I am so glad that Sam had a good first day. I hope his week continues to go well and he has a great year.
Man alive, you've been busy!! I want to take a nap for you!! I LOVE the pictures! Your kids are so beautiful! We miss you so much! I wish Gracie was in that dance class too!
I LOVE Audrey's dance pictures! Precious!!! And I am relieved as well that Sam had a good first day of school. We have been thinking about him. Wahoo your mom has been here to help with Ben and get to visit with all of you. Can't we convince her to stay for a while longer?
I bet Audrey misses her buddy. Cute pics! They grow up so fast.
Wow! That is alot of firsts! How exciting!
Hooray for all of them!
And hooray for the mom who is making it through all of them with her sanity intact!
You have had a crazy month. I am so glad that it is all working out for you. Audrey looks so adorable in her dance outfit, and I am sure that Sam's teacher has recognized his valuable humor. Hang in there.
You've been busy lady! Kuddos for updating & the background looks great.
Good for them! You will enjoy having a child in school. It just takes a little time. He really has a great teacher too!
Post a Comment