I'm feeling like I need to update the blog... I know it's not an urgent thing and there are other more urgent things that I could be doing with this brief quiet moment but it's what I choose to do. Just to feel a little normal, I think.
The last few weeks have had a mixture of good and bad. We had Keith's sister and her two adorable girls here for a few days last week. That goes in the good category. Kim was so helpful and such great company. The kids loved having cousins here. Just before they came I got a lovely case of Mastitis. That goes in the bad category for sure! I mean, is it really fair for a mother of a two week old to get sick on top of everything else? I don't think so. I got some antibiotics quickly though and before long was feeling better.
The kids are still LOVING their new little brother. He really is so cute so how could you blame them? Little Ben has been testing us though. He's decided that he really likes to be held and nothing else will really do. This definitely makes life a little more difficult. He also is keeping us awake at night a little more than we'd like but, that's a newborn for you, right? Thankfully we have some wonderful friends, the Roberts, who have taken Sam and Audrey every morning this week to give me a little break and next week my Mom gets here. Yay!!!
So, although life is a little hard right now, it's still good. Here are a few pictures to prove it!
The last few weeks have had a mixture of good and bad. We had Keith's sister and her two adorable girls here for a few days last week. That goes in the good category. Kim was so helpful and such great company. The kids loved having cousins here. Just before they came I got a lovely case of Mastitis. That goes in the bad category for sure! I mean, is it really fair for a mother of a two week old to get sick on top of everything else? I don't think so. I got some antibiotics quickly though and before long was feeling better.
The kids are still LOVING their new little brother. He really is so cute so how could you blame them? Little Ben has been testing us though. He's decided that he really likes to be held and nothing else will really do. This definitely makes life a little more difficult. He also is keeping us awake at night a little more than we'd like but, that's a newborn for you, right? Thankfully we have some wonderful friends, the Roberts, who have taken Sam and Audrey every morning this week to give me a little break and next week my Mom gets here. Yay!!!
So, although life is a little hard right now, it's still good. Here are a few pictures to prove it!
11 comments:
What a handsome little guy! I really hope that he gives up the no sleeping habit very soon!!!
OH, he really is so cute. Sometimes I think God puts them in that super cute package so you don't scream at night when you need sleep so much.
Wahoo. New cute pics of the kids! He sure does look "blonde" in that bottom picture! Just remember that "this too shall pass!" (Although when you are sleepy in the middle of the night/day it sure is hard to think like that!)
I love your pictures. Your kids look happy! Glad to see you are surviving 3, it totally changes everything right.
I feel your pain. Jackson is not the sleeper that Ryan was. Thankfully he is doing better now.
I totally agree with Becca. I hope the swing helps.
Hey, we had a great time visiting with you! Marissa just loves playing with Sam & Audrey--I couldn't believe how happy she was the whole time we were there! Ben looks like he's getting bigger already--wow! Such a cutie. I hope he starts sleeping better for you soon so you can feel more rested and get back into the swing of things. And I'm glad your mom is coming tomorrow to help out, too!
He is so adorable. I love the picture with all the big and little kids. Such sweet moments. Sorry to hear about your mastitis, I have been there and it is no fun. Let me know if you need anything.
He is sooo cute! I have been thinking of you! Did you ever get my message on facebook? Let me know when your mom leaves! I am bringing in a warm dinner!
I am so sorry to hear you had mastitis. That is just miserable. I hope you are feeling better!
I think Ben looks so much like Sam in that bottom picture. Just adorable!
wow, i remember thinking ben looked more like keith but in these pictures he looks nothing like him. definitely following in sam & audrey's footsteps. too cute!
Post a Comment