Thursday, September 18, 2008

My New Wheels!


We are now the "proud" owners of a minivan. I say "proud" because not everyone feels that way. I think that Keith had probably pictured his first brand new car to be something a little more glamorous or at least slightly more cool than a Honda Odyssey. I, on the other hand, couldn't be happier. We had been looking for a while but it wasn't until after Ben was born that I realized just how inconvenient the Yukon was with 2 car seats and a booster and I realized just how necessary a minivan really was!

We've had it for just over 2 weeks now and I really am amazed at just how much easier it has made my life. Also, I'm not even feeling the smallest bit uncool while driving it. I'm sure that has something to do with the fact that my idea of cool has changed slightly over the years but, who cares? I have a rear back up camera, woohoo! The kids love it too. It's amazing how much joy automatic sliding doors can bring to a 5 year old and a 3 year old.

7 comments:

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Congrats!! It looks good! I bet my new car and your new car would be friends!

Jen said...

Glad to see that you have entered the moms and mini-vans world. It's definitely a helpful car to have! What will they think of next?

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

New cars are the best! I am sure it will make life with 3 so much easier! Enjoy it while it still looks/smells new!!!

Tiffany said...

That is great! I agree so much easier to get kids in and out of. I am sure that you look super cool in it. :)

Jaimie said...

That's so exciting you got a new car! It'll be so nice. I love Honda Odyssey's. When Easton was three weeks old we went out and bought our Expedition. Nice to have more room with three kids.

Jessie said...

hey Suzie! If its gonna be a minivan, i think the Honda Odysseys are indeed the coolest ones! lol
Congrats on your newest addition! Your kids are adorable :)
~Jessie

Lauren said...

I am starting to feel the same way about minivans.