Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I am NOT 30!



Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I just celebrated a birthday. I turned 29. My last birthday in my 20's or as my sister, Emily put it, my last good birthday. So, I felt that I really deserved to enjoy the fact that I am still in my twenties for one more year. My sweet husband however, had other plans. For months now he's been teasing me about turning 30 this year when he knows very well that I was not. When it came time for the cake, he got me a yummy chocolate one from Costco that I love. How nice. When he couldn't find any plain candles in the house he was thrilled to find the left over candles from his 30th birthday oh so long ago. Of course, these HAD to go on my cake. Being the good sport that I am, I blew them out anyway.

It was a very yummy cake and I did have a great birthday this year. I love my husband and I am so glad that he has a good sense of humor. He's going to need it when I figure out how to get back at him... be ready!

7 comments:

Misty said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hated having to miss your celebration!!!!

Jen said...

I love how you pointed out that his 30th birthday was oh so long ago.

Can't wait to see what you do to get him back!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

We seriously need to live this year up while we are still in our twenties! Maybe that is how you can get back at Keith...leave him with all three kids while we party like we are 29!

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday! Eat all the cake you want!

Tiffany said...

I'm with Amy, lets party before we turn 30. I am also glad that you pointed out how long ago Keith turned 30. I guess it is all he has left. He knows he is over the hill and is just trying to bring you with him. Too bad we won't let him. :)

Sara LaClaire said...

so i'm looking at your posts and landyn says, go back! i saw something. so i scroll back up and he points to audrey. "who's that?!" that's audrey. "oh! and who's that?" that's audrey again. "oh! she's pretty." so my stepson has a little crush on your little cutie. (can't say that i blame him. she is a doll.)

wackyjackie said...

Happy birthday LATE!! I wish I would have been here. 1979 was a ROCKIN' year!