We have one incredibly talented son. At least, we think so. I'll let you be the judge for yourself. Here's a VERY small sampling of his work.
Sam loves to make art. He has been known to spend hours, literally, working on a single drawing or coloring page. This has been going on for quite some time and he has only gotten more creative. It is really entertaining to watch him create. He is very careful to choose the correct colors and has been known to throw away something that he has already spent a lot of time on if he makes a mistake (putting a color where it doesn't belong, coloring outside the lines, etc.). His newest loves are his spiral notebooks and markers. He draws page after page of robots, aliens, favorite movie characters, family members and whatever else comes to mind.
It is getting hard to decide what to keep and what to quietly dispose of when he's not paying attention. I would love to keep every little thing he colors but I know that space would quickly become an issue. I'm just so proud of how hard he works to make a drawing or coloring page just perfect. I hope that this talent is something that he continues to develop as he grows. We enjoy him and his artwork so very much!
Sam loves to make art. He has been known to spend hours, literally, working on a single drawing or coloring page. This has been going on for quite some time and he has only gotten more creative. It is really entertaining to watch him create. He is very careful to choose the correct colors and has been known to throw away something that he has already spent a lot of time on if he makes a mistake (putting a color where it doesn't belong, coloring outside the lines, etc.). His newest loves are his spiral notebooks and markers. He draws page after page of robots, aliens, favorite movie characters, family members and whatever else comes to mind.
It is getting hard to decide what to keep and what to quietly dispose of when he's not paying attention. I would love to keep every little thing he colors but I know that space would quickly become an issue. I'm just so proud of how hard he works to make a drawing or coloring page just perfect. I hope that this talent is something that he continues to develop as he grows. We enjoy him and his artwork so very much!

Sam wanted me to cut these all out so that we could make them into stickers. It's an assortment of many things, a peg-leg pirate, an elephant, Stuart Little, Kung Fu Panda, a whale, a shark, X marks the spot, a dinosaur, a fish and Charlie. Did I miss anything?
The first is one of his signature aliens. He likes to use these to try and scare Audrey away. The second picture contains Frosty the snowman, a mud monster (who I am told was going after Frosty to make him turn into mud), the temple and me going to the temple (I love my baby bump).
This pirate coloring page shows his attention to detail. He wasn't satisfied until every last inch of this had color. He gave it to Keith on Father's Day. That's love!


9 comments:
Wow! I absolutely LOVE this post! Capturing Sam's artwork and sharing his talent with others, like his aunt, is so much fun! As for cutting down on the clutter, Laurie took pictures of everything and then put the pictures in a scrapbook (sometimes things are just too big and bulky) for Robert, or you could just take digital pictures of all his stuff and put it in a file on your computer so you have a record of everything but then not have to hang onto every actual drawing. Just an idea. :)
Seriously, you have an artist in your family! He is so detailed and creative...I am for sure impressed! I can't give you any advice on what to keep because I would want to keep it all too!!!
I have the perfect idea for your all of Sam's artwork. You will have to phone me as it's to complicated to type on here, but you will love the idea. Those are awesome pictures....it's hard to throw away things that your kids do.....it's even worse when they are in school.....hope everyone is well your way....tell Sam I would love a picture in the mail!!!
OH MY! He is good. I don't ever feel the need to keep much of Meg's because it still doesn't look like much other than scribbles. He really is talented. Just scan them in and do a photo book!
WOW!! He is so detailed! I am starting to frame some of Maddy's-it is fun!
I agree with Tracie-scan them and save them that way.
WOW!!! That kid is a smarty!!
How impressive! I think he is good.
He is quite the artist and what an imagination. I love all his work and he is great at coloring.
Wow! Sam has some serious talent. That is so neat. I loved seeing his art.
Post a Comment