
Sam is finally emerging as the soccer star we knew he was. Today Sam scored his first real game goal!! Yay Sam!!! We were so thrilled and he was ecstatic! He dribbled down half the field and had to fight for it a bit once he got to the goal but he got it in. I wish so badly that I had my camera or video camera there but alas, not this time. If I only could have captured the pure joy on his face. It was priceless. I really almost cried. He has had several close calls this season, always to have to ball go just off to the side of the goal. We always make a big deal about how close he got it and what a great job he did but he only focuses on the fact that the ball didn't actually go into the goal. It was heartbreaking to see his dissapointment. Today made up for all of that though. Now he knows what he can do so watch out soccer world. Here comes Sam!
5 comments:
We knew he had it in him!! GO SAM!!
Go Sam!!!
Go Samuel Walker Texas Ranger Irwin!!! Hooray for you! We are so proud that you are carrying on the Irwin tradition of becoming a soccer star! We love and miss you, but we'll see you for Thanksgiving!
Love,
Aunt Kim
It takes just one little thing and it gets a childs mind a racing...Go Sam!!!
I can just imagine the look of excitement on his face! Go Sam! I am sure it is just the first of many soccer goals he will score in his life. Especially if his daddy has anything to do with it!
Post a Comment