So, If you've spoken to me in the last 2 days you've probably already heard. Sam just started the fall season of soccer and his team has a very unfortunate sock and shirt color.... yes... pink. Why, you might ask, would they make pink an option for co-ed teams? I have no idea but I think we were the unfortunate last team to get our uniforms so there you have it. Sam, surprisingly, has gotten over the shock of the pink much quicker than expected. His father however, has not. Not that I can blame him. In the words of a big sister from the opposing team on saturday, "Why are those boys wearing pink?" It's not even like there are a bunch of girls on the team to make the color somehow justified. So far we have 4 boys and one girl. I'm sure she loves the new outfit. Audrey has taken a liking to his socks, which she wears as thigh-highs. Sam, will not be wearing the socks. Keith could not send his boy out looking like a flamingo so we went out and got some black socks instead. As for the actual soccer playing, Sam is doing quite well. He actually seems somewhat interested this season. So, despite the pink we will go on. They did let them choose a more masculine name for their team. They are the sharks. Or, as Sam announced to Keith after coming home from practice, the "pink sharks". Go Sharks!!!
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Pink!?! Are you kidding? Really? Yes... pink!
So, If you've spoken to me in the last 2 days you've probably already heard. Sam just started the fall season of soccer and his team has a very unfortunate sock and shirt color.... yes... pink. Why, you might ask, would they make pink an option for co-ed teams? I have no idea but I think we were the unfortunate last team to get our uniforms so there you have it. Sam, surprisingly, has gotten over the shock of the pink much quicker than expected. His father however, has not. Not that I can blame him. In the words of a big sister from the opposing team on saturday, "Why are those boys wearing pink?" It's not even like there are a bunch of girls on the team to make the color somehow justified. So far we have 4 boys and one girl. I'm sure she loves the new outfit. Audrey has taken a liking to his socks, which she wears as thigh-highs. Sam, will not be wearing the socks. Keith could not send his boy out looking like a flamingo so we went out and got some black socks instead. As for the actual soccer playing, Sam is doing quite well. He actually seems somewhat interested this season. So, despite the pink we will go on. They did let them choose a more masculine name for their team. They are the sharks. Or, as Sam announced to Keith after coming home from practice, the "pink sharks". Go Sharks!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So cute - your comments and your photos - I am now signed on for this as well I guess. Talked to Ally this afternoon and she is coming over tonight. Yeah!!! Love Mom xo
That's awesome that Sam has pink soccer shirts......just tell Keith it takes a real man to wear pink and he just needs to get over it:) I'm super excited that you have a blog now.....you'll have to get some links up on the site now. I finally updated my blog so you'll have to go see......love ya!!
Yeah really what were they thinking with pink for mostly little boys...I think it's super cool and would have loved it...I'm glad sam is dealing with it well and we'll be rooting for the "pink sharks" here is Halifax!!!
Suzie,
The pink soccer uniform, I love it. I think it is great that you are doing a blog. I have been thinking about doing it. Kim and you are inspiring me. It would force me to keep a journal of the kids. Anyway. . . I just love the pink uniform.
Cristina
Good call on the socks! Go sharks!
Red is pretty close to pink...maybe it will become Sam's new favorite color:)
Post a Comment