Another successful Halloween has come and gone. It is always a busy week with costume prep, pumpkin carving, our ward trunk-or-treat and then our neighborhood trick-or-treating.
Ben decided that he wanted his pumpkin to match his costume this year so I did my best on a Spidey pumpkin. I think it turned out pretty cool and Ben loved it! Audrey wanted a pretty pumpkin and once it was carved, decided to add a tiara to complete the look. She is such a girly girl! Sam found a design online for a Mario pumpkin and his Dad must really love him because he made it happen. Andrew got a pumpkin too, with two little teeth on the bottom to match his own:)
Sam lucked into two costumes this year. He was a giant, red Lego piece for the trunk-or-treat and although he loved it, we decided it may not be the easiest costume to walk all around the neighborhood in on Halloween. On halloween he made an awesome hockey player, black eye, missing front teeth and all. Audrey was able to reuse her recital costume which was Rapunzel inspired. We just added a wig and we were good to go. Benny had already been wearing the Spiderman costume around the house for months so he was set and Andrew made a darling little skeleton, even if he would only wear his hat just long enough for a few pictures.
One first for us this year was that Sam didn't go door-to-door with Audrey, Ben and me. A group of his friends came to our door to trick-or-treat and off he went with them. It felt very grown up and I will admit that I got a little nervous as the night turned dark and I had no idea where he was. He made it home safe and sound though, beaming and with more candy than we will ever be able to eat. Happy Halloween!


No comments:
Post a Comment