Friday, October 28, 2011

A Spoon Full of Sugar!



I was lucky earlier this month to get to enjoy a very memorable Mommy/Daughter date with my sweet Audrey. The Broadway musical of Mary Poppins was coming to town and I couldn't resist the opportunity for Audrey and me to get our very first taste of Broadway together. We were both amazed by the music, the dancing and the effects. It was truly magical.

After the show, Audrey bought herself a little replica of Mary Poppins bag with her very own money. She was thrilled! We then wandered the downtown, Riverwalk area looking for the perfect restaurant to complete our date. We chose the Rainforest Cafe, which neither of us had ever been to before. The food wasn't anything spectacular but the experience was worth it.

It was a great afternoon and I am so glad that Audrey and I got to have some special time together before her little sister arrives and she is no longer my only little girl!


2 comments:

The Super Seven said...

Sounds like a fun time!!! I agree about the Rainforest Cafe.....the food isn't anything to rave about but the experience is fun!!! Can't wait for little sister to arrive....

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

SO COOL!!! And Audrey is a girl after my own heart! I love that bag!