Wednesday, August 18, 2010

10 Years and counting...


Just look at how fresh faced and young we both looked a short 10 years ago. It is so hard to believe that it's really been that long. We may have a few more wrinkles, pounds, and gray hairs than this newlywed couple but I wouldn't trade them away, or any of the other joys and pains that we've experienced over these last 10 years, for anything!

Our life together has been such a crazy journey so far and I know we're still just in the early years. There have been ups and downs of the likes that I could never have imagined at the age of 21. We've added to our family 3 amazing children that have made us laugh, cry, and everything in between. Since they've joined us time seems to have sped up and is showing no signs of slowing down!

While in Utah last month we were driving past the Mt. Timpanogos Temple and we told the kids how that was where Daddy asked Mommy to marry him. In true Sam fashion, Sam asked me in a very perplexed tone, "Why did you say yes?" We had a good laugh and to answer his question I would have to say, I was in love and I must have had some notion of the place that saying "yes" would bring me to in the years to come and I knew that it was a place I wanted to be.

I don't know what lies ahead for us in the next phase of our lives together but I really am so grateful to know that whatever we may face, we will face it together. I love you Keith. Happy 10th Anniversary!!!

2 comments:

wackyjackie said...

Sam is so funny! Congrats!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Congrats!!! You are a beautiful family!