Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And then there was one.

Summer seems to have flown by in our house this year. We had so much fun visiting with family, going to Six Flags, Sea World, and summer camp, swimming and sleeping in (as much as 3 children will allow). All good things must come to an end though and summer break is no exception.

Sam has been dreading school starting again. He has had way to much fun with his Wii and his Harry Potter books. Audrey, on the other hand, could hardly wait for her first day as a kindergartner.

The first day came bright and early, 6:30 to be exact. Both Sam and Audrey were so tired. I got up a little earlier to make them a special breakfast, waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, to help rouse them a little easier. After breakfast we got a few traditional "back to school" pictures in front of the house and they were off.




Once I got Sam to his class and said goodbye (no kisses were allowed) I headed back over to Audrey's class for a little more time with her before saying our final goodbyes for the day. She was so excited and had no tears for me at all, which was probably for the best since my tears were threatening to come and would have come for sure if she had shed one of her own.



I got home to Ben still sleeping and a quiet house. I finally allowed myself a quick cry then on with the day. It was great to get to enjoy Ben all on his own and I think he liked having me, and all of the toys in the house, all for himself.



Before I knew it, it was time to go meet Sam and Audrey at the bus stop. They both had glowing reports of their first day back to school. Sam told me that the second grade is the best grade ever and Audrey told me that the bus ride home had been the best part. So, aside from having to drag them out of bed each morning, I think we are going to have a great year!

1 comment:

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

It just seems so weird doesn't it?? Can't wait to see you!