Thursday, October 15, 2009

'Looks Better on TV'



Happy Thanksgiving/ Columbus Day! (Depending on whether you are reading this in Canada or the United States) I made the decision, very last minute, to celebrate Canadian style and have a little Turkey dinner. Who can pass up a chance to have a Turkey dinner? Not me. Even if it means I am the one cooking and cleaning afterward.

The kids thought it was fun to see the whole turkey in our kitchen and of course wondered where it's head and toes were. Audrey exclaimed many times how disgusting it all looked and Sam talked all day about how he wanted both of the drumsticks.

Sam got his drumsticks, although we convinced him that maybe it would be better to start with just one. We loaded up his plate and set it before him on the table. He looked it over, thought about it for a minute then said, "this looks better on TV." He still decided to give it a try and seemed to think it tasted alright. We offered the other drumstick to Audrey but she declined.

After dinner we let the kids snap the wishbone. Sam won and still refuses to let us know what he wished for. We couldn't have had a Thanksgiving dinner without pie so I let the kids pick one from the freezer section at the grocery store. Unfortunately I didn't get it out to thaw quite early enough. Audrey found a creative way to eat hers, as seen in the picture below.

Can't wait for our next Thanksgiving next month! I love being a dual citizen!


6 comments:

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Yeah, I'm glad you guys celebrated with the turkey dinner! Sam's TV comment is so funny! He is always cracking us up!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

That is awesome!! Sam is too funny!!

Jaimie said...

That sounds fun.

Misty said...

Way to go mom!!! I love it when families carry on traditions!!!!!

Jackie O'Hearon said...

Glad you're a dual citizen too....and you're giving the kiddies all the holidays!!!Besides the pilgrims stopped over here on their way to the USA..that's my story and I'm sticking with it!!!

Sara LaClaire said...

i always want the drumsticks too but of course have to share with the kids :D