Friday, October 23, 2009

Big, Big Boy


This is what I found one morning last week after getting myself dressed for the day. Ben was so proud to have emptied his bassinet of all of the folded blankets and made a nice little spot for himself. It's hard for me to use the word 'toddler' in reference to my baby but when I saw his big self all squished into his once roomy bed I realized that my baby hardly resembles the infant who, just 12 months ago, slept in this bed. He really is becoming a full-fledged toddler.

At 15 months Ben is the biggest of all of my babies at this age, weighing in at 26lbs 1 oz (75%) and measuring 31.5 in. (7o%). At this age, Sam weighed 23lbs 1 oz and measured 30 1/2 in. and Audrey weighed a mere 20lbs 2 oz and measured 28.5 in.

Ben has 8 teeth and I'm positive that he is cutting a molar right now. He is walking all over the place and starting to run as well. He is so happy to be upright.

Ben has a wonderful personality, so happy. All it takes to make him smile is to give him a smile yourself. He is starting to give 'loves' on command and he bonks Daddy in the head to tell him goodnight. It is so cute. Sam and Audrey just adore him and I'm pretty sure that the feeling is mutual. Everyday, we are so grateful to have 'Big Ben' in our lives!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness, he is just too cute! And so fun to have a doting brother and sister. Sophie is mainly harassed by her two brothers, although she and Levi are currently playing "Nona and Bampa".

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

He is just so cute!!! I feel sad that I don't know him!! He weighs more than Lilly!! and she is 3, but she has 3 inches on him. Man, I miss you!

Sara Beth said...

Madison is bigger than Sam was at 15 months.. oh man.. I have a monster on my hands.

Misty said...

I can't believe he is soooo big now!!! He is so cute!

Lauren said...

what a cutie!!!!!