Nova Scotia - Part One
It's not very often that me, my parents and all 6 of my siblings get to be together in one room. In fact, the last time was 6 years ago. Also, all ten of my parents grandchildren have never been together. So, when we decided to go home for a visit and everyone else decided to follow, I was pretty excited. On August 4th, we braved 3 flights with 3 kids and made our way to beautiful Nova Scotia.
Many people got to meet our Ben for the first time and we got to meet my brother's sweet little Charlotte for the first time too. We got to play at the park with cousins, eat lobster, visit the waterfront and have a reunion with many of my extended family on my mothers side. Keith and I even got to go rafting with several family members while Grandma and Grandpa, with some wonderful help, watched their 7 youngest grandchildren for a good part of the day.
Sam was able to have a long awaited reunion with his other half, his cousin Mary and the two of them were so sweet together. It was like they'd never been apart. All of the cousins had so much fun together and although at times it got a little crazy, it was beautiful craziness. I loved having that time with my family.
P.E.I. - Part Two
After our fun in Nova Scotia, we all packed up and headed over to the Burchett home on Prince Edward Island. It started with a Ferry ride to the island which the kids LOVED. We had beautiful weather the first day but the next day wasn't quite as pleasant. We did hit the beach but with sweatshirts instead of towels. A few brave souls did venture in but us Texans chose to stay dry and warm instead. We still had so much fun, hanging out together, going to dinner and of course going to Cow's for some delicious ice cream. The next day was a little warmer and dryer so we headed back to the beach for round two. It was muddy and wonderful and the kids had a ball looking for hermit crabs and digging in the mud. Ben even got in on the action and got dirtier than he's ever been in his life. He loved it!
After we cleaned up, we headed back to Nova Scotia with Grandma, Grandpa, Ally and David, so that we could pack up and prepare for a long trip back home. It was so hard to say goodbye. Even now, thinking about it brings tears back to my eyes. We are so grateful that we were able to have that time with so many people who mean so much to us and we look forward to the next time that we can all be together again. Thanks, everyone, for making it so memorable!
5 comments:
Wow - you guys are brave! That is a lot of travel with a LOT of kids (and might I add a lot of Canadians in the mix)! Looks like you had a great time!
We miss you guys! Are Keith and Sam traveling up to Dallas for the BYU vs. Oklahoma game?
Wow, what a great post! It looks like such a fun vacation and I love all of the pictures. I bet your parents were in HEAVEN!!!
i LOVE the pic of that babies in the mud. too cute!
I love the one where they're all sleeping in the car! Looks like you had fun, I hear those Canadians are nice!
AWESOME!!! I LOVE family gatherings!!!!
Post a Comment