Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy Birthday to Ben!



There are so many things to love about our 4 year old Benny! First and foremost, he is FUNNY! He has a charm and sense of humor that make him instantly likable. He makes us laugh daily and can usually get himself out of trouble with a witty comment or a well timed compliment. I'm sure this will prove to be problematic down the road! Ben is also very good at laughing at himself. He does't take himself too seriously and when his Dad teasingly tells him he is such a pretty flower, he snaps right back with, "and you're a beautiful butterfly." 

Ben is incredibly independant. This can be both wonderful and infuriating but I will take both. It never ceases to amaze me, the things that he confidently does on his own that his older siblings still struggle with. Possibly this has something to do with is #3 position in the family but I think a lot of it is just his personality. 

Ben loves to help. Weather its with cooking, cleaning, home repairs, you name it, Ben always wants to be part of the action. He loves to be with me in the kitchen and is great at counting to help me keep track of how many cups of flour I have already put in. If he sees me using the vacuum, I have to let him have a turn and he actually does a pretty god job, considering the vacuum is almost as tall as him!

We had a great day celebrating Ben. We started off with chocolate chip pancakes that Ben helped me make. Ben got a 4 shaped one, of course. I offered to throw him a Captain America party with his friends but instead he just wanted to go to Chuck-E-Cheese with his family then dinner at Red Robin afterwards. We came home and had some Captain America cupcakes and he opened his gifts. Ben was thrilled with the fort building kit that we gave him and put it to use immedately. The kids have since found lots of creative things to build with the pieces. Very fun! 

Happy Birthday, Benny! We love you!












No comments: