Friday, September 9, 2011

Just one more...


Baby #4! Are we crazy? Possibly. We couldn't resist just one more to complete our family. To add to the excitement, it's a girl! From the moment we told the kids that they would be getting a new brother or sister Audrey made it no secret that she wanted it to be a sister for her, so badly!!

When the time for the ultrasound came we told Sam and Audrey that they could come if they promised not to get upset if it wasn't the gender they hoped for. Audrey was so happy and I'll have to admit, I was happy for her too. Coming from a family where I had 4 sisters I hoped that Audrey would have one of her own too. Sam was a little disappointed but only because he wanted the boys to outnumber the girls. He has quickly gotten over that and is dying to meet his new little sister.

Ben is slowly grasping what is happening. It helps that my stomach is growing quickly. After a particularly filling pancake dinner one night I asked Ben what was making my tummy so big and he answered, "Pancakes!" which has now become her nickname.

Since we were going to be altogether with the Irwin family this summer we thought it would be fun to just wait on telling them and show up with my belly as a surprise. This meant no blogging about the baby and no mention of her on any type of social media. This was hard but we pulled it off. It was fun to see them look at my stomach with confusion and exciting to tell them that we already knew it was a girl.

Now that it's all out in the open time is flying. "Pancakes" is due to make her arrival sometime around the 23rd of November. It will be an exciting Thanksgiving for us this year!


Here is my belly at 27 weeks.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

welll lookey here! I just stumbled upon your blog! you guys are super cute!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

I love that you embrace your belly!!! You are an awesome pregnant mama! We can't wait to meet "Pancakes" too and of course we are thrilled for Audrey to have a baby sister to dress up like a doll!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

You are the most beautiful pregnant lady. I can't wait to handle you!! CONGRATS!!