Thursday, August 11, 2011

Early Summer

Our summer had a really busy start this year. Sam, Audrey and, for the first time, Ben had swimming lessons to get them ready for the summer in the pool. Sam and Audrey were in the same class and they both did a great job. They have both seemed much more confident in the water this summer and would swim everyday if I had the energy to take them. Ben loved swimming lessons! I wasn't sure what to expect since he hadn't even turned 3 yet but I knew he had no fear of water so I figured he probably needed to learn a few skills. He had so much fun and though he still wears arm floaties when we go to the pool, he doesn't just float aimlessly around the pool and yell for help to make it back to the edge. He can kick his little feet and paddle with his arms and get pretty much anywhere he wants to. Their independence in the pool has been great for me since I get to relax a little more and chase a little less.






Sam had a first this summer too. He got to go to his first cub scout camp! Since I am a den leader I also got to experience a day of it myself. It was SO hot!!! Miserably hot actually, but Sam still managed to have a lot of fun. His favorite two activities were archery and bb guns, which he got to do everyday.


I had an extra special treat in June. I got to go to Utah all by myself! It was Emily's 40th and I decided that it would be fun to surprise her and show up for her special day. Guess what? Annie thought that would be fun too and surprised us both! What can I say? My family REALLY likes surprises:) Emily was really so surprised and it was great to spend a weekend with 3 out of my 4 sisters! Thanks for holding down the fort while I was gone, Keith!




No comments: