Monday, August 22, 2011

Benny B


Here is our baby Ben! At 3 years old I guess he's not much of a baby anymore but I'm his Mom so I don't have to let him grow up completely, not just yet. We just love this little boy. Really, it would be impossible not to. He can be pretty naughty sometimes but somehow he turns naughty into funny and you can't help but crack a smile, even if you have to turn around so that he can't see you do it. His sole purpose in life seems to be to make people laugh, oh, and to cause as much bodily harm to himself as he can in the process. He is very into physical humor and isn't afraid to throw his body into anything for a laugh.

Ben is also a very smart little boy. He can count to about 14 and knows most of his colors and shapes. He LOVES to sing and can often be heard singing from his crib after he's been put to bed. He has a few standard songs and from the tunes of those songs he creates many more, not all of them nice. He has been known to sing about "poopy head Mommy" to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. So don't get on his bad side or you might make it into one of his nastier songs! Naughty of nice, he really can carry a tune.

This year will be a big one for our Benny. He will start going to preschool, 2 days a week, in September, hopefully start sleeping in a big boy bed and in November he will become a big brother!! (Have I not mentioned that yet? A post about that will come soon.) We are so grateful to have him in our family!

Here are a few pictures from his birthday this year. He loves Cars and I love him so I tortured myself by making him a lightening McQueen birthday cake. It was worth it because he loved it. His big surprise was a balance bike and a new helmet. He was so cute riding it around the house! Happy Birthday Ben!!