It turns out that the kids weren't as bad as I thought they were this year. Santa came and the evidence definitely suggests that they were on the nice list after-all. I think Keith and I must have been too!
We spent Christmas Eve doing the traditional things - spreading reindeer food, reading the story of Jesus' birth from the Bible, and opening our Christmas jammies. I even got my very own pair of footie jammies from Keith. I am a lucky lady! We put out some cookies and chocoalte milk for Santa (he prefers chocolate milk, in-case you didn't know) and the kids were off to bed. Sam had some difficulty falling asleep but eventually he joined Ben and Audrey in dreamland and sure enough, Santa came!
Sam and Audrey were nice and didn't wake-up until after 7:30. After 15 or 20 minutes of painful waiting, we let them wake up Ben and down the stairs we went. Santa did not disappoint! Ben got his choo-choo, Audrey got her scooter and although Sam didn't get his robot, he did get a new bike and plenty of other cool gifts to make-up for it.
We spent the rest of the day playing with toys, eating snacks and packing for our early morning flight to Utah that we would take the very next day.
We spent the rest of the day playing with toys, eating snacks and packing for our early morning flight to Utah that we would take the very next day.
1 comment:
I love the Christmas mess!! What HAPPY kids!
Post a Comment