Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Farewell Spring, 2010.

Spring has officially come to an end here in San Antonio. The end of spring brings us to many other "ends" as well. For one, the end of any chance of a nice cool day in San Antonio. More notably, however, we have seen the end to another soccer season, Audrey's first, and the end of the 2009/2010 school year.

We really enjoyed watching Audrey's love of soccer grow this season. She was always so determined and was sorely disappointed if she came home with fewer goals than she had planned on scoring. She even managed to score a goal one game after getting a pretty solid hit to the nose from another players head, which resulted in a nosebleed. She was so tough! She was thrilled to receive her trophy at the end of season party and I'm pretty sure that it was her favorite part of the whole season.

Sam had a good season too. He really worked hard at the practices and when he wasn't distracted by the dirt, he seemed to really make an effort during the games too. He much preferred to play defense and was awarded the "Dribble Master Award" at his end of season party.








I can hardly believe that this school year has come to an end already. It really flew by. Audrey had her preschool graduation and looked so sweet in her cap and gown. I still can't believe that my tiny little Audrey is going to be a Kindergartner next year!! She is so excited to get to finally share a school with Sam and to ride home on the bus. It will be a big adjustment to just have Ben home with me all week long and I am sure we will both miss her so much!

Sam is now moving on up to the second grade. I seriously remember second grade and it seems so strange that I am now the mother to a second grader. He had a wonderful year though and has learned so much. He finished the year above grade level for reading and was performing very well in every other category. He is very sad to have to leave his teacher, Ms. Henry (or Mrs. Daigle, as she was known by the end of the year after getting married). He truly grew to love her and is sad that she will be at a new school next year so he won't be able to give her hugs in the hall. We are so proud of all that he has achieved this year and can't wait to see what second grade brings.







PS- I just had to post this short video clip that I took at Audrey's preschool graduation. They sang several songs and this one really cracked me up. Audrey is on the left side of the bottom row. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Man it is a CRAZY time of year isn't it!! Audrey is a DOLL!! the song was funny!!