We got there only to find Santa leaving for what I'm sure was a much needed break. We figured that waiting for him to come back wouldn't have been too much trouble with all of the other things to go see in the store. Unfortunately, when I asked his elf what time we could expect him back I was told he'd be back in about a half an hour but his next available "appointment" wasn't until nearly 3 and 1/2 hours later. Oops! We were not aware that Santa by was appointment only.
While Keith and I quietly tried to decide what to do next we walked around the store to distract the kids. It worked like a charm! See the pictures below for proof.
After we had seen all pf the wildlife that they had to offer, Keith and I had come up with a plan. We explained that Santa had left to store to go to his next location. Santa has a lot of sporting goods stores and malls to visit, in case you didn't know. Luckily for our kids, they have very smart parents who knew exactly where Santa was scheduled to appear next, La Cantara Mall.
Off we went, Keith and I praying all the way that Santa was not taking a break there as well. To all of our delight, Santa was there and ready for our visit with a very short line to wait in. Christmas was saved! Sam asked for spy gear, Audrey asked for a toy pony (Both, things that failed to make their actual Christmas lists previously. Back to the store I go!) Thankfully, I was able to answer for Ben and there were no surprises there! We left the mall with a picture with Santa, three sets of reindeer bells (oh joy) and three very excited kids. Merry Christmas!
Off we went, Keith and I praying all the way that Santa was not taking a break there as well. To all of our delight, Santa was there and ready for our visit with a very short line to wait in. Christmas was saved! Sam asked for spy gear, Audrey asked for a toy pony (Both, things that failed to make their actual Christmas lists previously. Back to the store I go!) Thankfully, I was able to answer for Ben and there were no surprises there! We left the mall with a picture with Santa, three sets of reindeer bells (oh joy) and three very excited kids. Merry Christmas!

4 comments:
Is it weird that you with three kids still blows my mind a little?!?! They are so adorable! Thank goodness for your Santa chasing!
What a great looking Santa!
I'm sorry! I feel bad I told you to go to Bass Pro and there was no Santa "appointments" available! That's not cool. I was not aware of needing an appointment either. Hmf!
Good pic! I love the Santa at La Cantera.
Post a Comment