Sam and Audrey started swimming lessons the week after school got out. Sam did great. He has become such a fish! Audrey was, on the other hand, very afraid. She had an incident at a friends pool a couple of months back and still hadn't recovered by swimming lesson time. Joni was great though and Audrey survived. I am happy to report that she is now brave enough to come back in the big pool, with her trusty floaties.
I got to go on a mini-retreat with some of my best friends here in San Antonio. We stayed overnight at the Westin, had dinner, gave ourselves pedicures and facials, went hot tubbing, swimming and did lots of shopping too. It was a wonderful break and I am so thankful to Keith for keeping things running at home while I was gone.
We had a lovely Father's Day and tried to do our best to let Keith know just how much we love and appreciate him. Here are Sam, Audrey making their Daddy a custom tile at the Painted Plate with their hands and Ben's foot for him to keep at work. We made him waffles for breakfast and steak for dinner and let him relax as much as we could. We love you , Daddy!
I accidentley dyed Ben's hair pink for a few days. He had a red hat on in the pool and it got a little wet. Thankfully it only lasted 2 washes and his hair was saved from the clippers.
We had a short but sweet visit from Aunt Kim, Marissa, Ali and John's sister, Joy. Audrey and Sam loved having sleepovers with Marissa and Ben loved having Ali to follow around after. We did some swimming and lots of playing. Kim and I even got to go to the temple while Joy watched all five of our kids. What a brave woman! The only picture I got from their time here was just as they were leaving but it is a sweet one. Audrey loves her cousin Marissa so much!
1 comment:
i never thought the dye from a hat would dye hair! how nice that you were able to go on a retreat! girl time is so important! speaking of...i'd STILL like to get together with you!
Post a Comment