Saturday, February 23, 2008

Things can always get a little bit worse.

These last 4 days have definitely not been the best for me or Keith. Since Wednesday we have both been sick. I have experienced a little bit of everything. Fever, chills, body aches, headache, sore throat, coughing and I even threw-up once. Sorry, that's probably more than anyone needs to hear but throwing-up is a very rare occurrence for me so it definitely had to be bad for that to happen.

I was talking to a friend yesterday and telling her about all of the symptoms that I have had and said something like. "I have had every symptom I can think of." Big mistake. I knew as soon as I said it that I was in for something else. Not only was yesterday the worst day so far but to cap it off, my ear started to hurt. At about 10pm it became obvious that this was bad. So, I found an Urgent Care that was still open and I raced to get there before they closed and yes, I have an ear infection. They prescribed me some antibiotics but the pain numbing drops are not approved for use during pregnancy so Tylenol was my only defense against the pain.

I haven't had an ear infection since I was about 10 or 11 years old so it is safe to say that I had forgotten just how painful they really are. I feel so badly for all of the poor little babies who get them repeatedly. That would be torture! I had a bad night sleep last night but I am feeling slightly better today. Hopefully that means that some real relief is on its way.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

You poor thing. I hope you feel better soon. Being sick is miserable, but being sick and pregnant is unbearable.

wackyjackie said...

We have been going the rounds over here too. Luckily, it hasn't gotten too bad for me. Hopefully it won't. I hope you get feeling better soon! It is always worse to be sick when you're pregos!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

I hope you turned the corner today and the antibiotics are starting to work. I also hope Keith and the kids are staying clear of the bug! (I just saw your Disney pics too finally...I can't wait to hear about everything!)

Tracie said...

i am so so sorry. we all finally go ton antibiotics just to clear it all up. i hope it ends soon. i will pray for you.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

I was wondering where you were today, I hate being sick - that stinks!!

Lauren said...

I feel your pain. I hope you are better soon.