Monday, February 7, 2011

January Happenings

January came and went so fast! I'm not sure why we were so busy but it just always seemed like there was something that needed to be done. We are now more than a week into February and I feel like I need to write a little about January before I forget that it even happened.



We started January off by celebrating Keith's 36th birthday. As we have done for the past few years I made Keith a cheesecake (my best one yet!) and celebrated with a quiet night at home as a family. Just how Keith likes it. The next night we went out without kids to Morton's for some steak and the birthday celebrating was complete.



Now that Sam is 8 he has become a member of the Cub Scouts. Guess what? So have I. I was asked to be one of the Wolf Den leaders so Sam and I get to start this journey together. Right off the bat we had the annual Pinewood Derby. Sam decided that he wanted to make his car into a tank so Keith found some plans and got to work. After a bit of a rough start it was decided that a new car kit needed to be purchased. This was actually pretty good news to Sam since he had changed his mind about the design. No tank, he wanted a race car instead. He told his Dad exactly what he wanted and Keith got back at it. Sam lost interest pretty quickly but managed to help a little with the filing and sanding. The paint job was also 100% Sam's design. He loves his BYU Cougars!







The night of the derby, Sam was so excited. The other boys all told Sam his car was so cool and I could tell that he was proud of what he and his Dad had created. Keith just hoped that it would make it down the track OK. It didn't place in the top 3 but it did manage to win a few of it's heats. That was all Sam needed. I was impressed with what a good sport he was even when it wasn't winning.

Some other January news was that we put our house back up on the market to sell. We found a house that we really like just a few minutes away so we held our breath and put the for sale sign back up. We didn't have to hold our breath for very long. After our first showing we had an offer and after only one week and 4 showings we had a signed contract. That's all great except for the fact that the house we are trying to get is a short sale and we still haven't heard if our offer has been approved by the bank. So, for now we're not exactly sure where we will be moving to on March 17th. We are praying for a miracle but looking for rentals in the meantime.

2 comments:

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

You are amazing! Are you staying in the ward?? Love the car, Sam!!

Lauren said...

I am impressed! Sweet car Sam!